• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Training Problem with caldera version 10

jetblack3s

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hello everybody,
I just purchased the caldera version 10 from SGIA along with the hp latex 360, graphtec fc8600 54'' plotter, and the seal 62'' base laminator through Montroy. At the point of purchase, we were promised for training both from caldera and Montroy on both equipment and software. I am new to the business, so at the point of purchase we specifically ask for training. Caldera rep at the show told us they will send somebody out to train us on the software. That was one of the big selling point to us and why we choose caldera. When the time for the equipment to be installed and train, the tech from Montroy cannot give us any training on software. We reach out to caldera, they do send people out for training, the cost is $4000. I don't want to sue anybody but sounds like both company are accountable for their intent warranty at the point of sale. I feel like I got played on this one.

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]my question is, when you guys purchase the caldera software, did it include proper training? [/COLOR]

dypinc

There are a lot of experienced users on here that can help you through it.

My regular RIP did not have drivers for the L360 when I had to purchase it so I got some trail versions of other RIPs to get me printing until the first beta driver release for my RIP. One of those was Caldera and I found it pretty easy to figure out although I had tested it a few years back. One thing I would mention that I found Caldera technical support to be quite helpful or maybe it was that they were hoping for a sale.

So I would encourage you to ask questions, in the HP or RIP forum.

jetblack3s

Thanks guys. The invoice does not specifically say training but I am going to keep pushing on this. Hope they make the right decision.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
For future reference, make sure you use written purchase orders. Be sure to identify all the verbal trade-show promises your sales rep made by using "per Mr. So and So". Even better, have them put it in writing while you're standing right there.

Usually, the company will then issue an order confirmation that states everything you asked for in your PO. Go over the order confirmation with a fine tooth comb to make sure they've included everything.

I guarantee you, the training issue would have come up early on in the conversation. Then you could have backed out if you weren't satisfied with their response.

JB

nate

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hello everybody,
I just purchased the caldera version 10 from SGIA along with the hp latex 360, graphtec fc8600 54'' plotter, and the seal 62'' base laminator through Montroy. At the point of purchase, we were promised for training both from caldera and Montroy on both equipment and software. I am new to the business, so at the point of purchase we specifically ask for training. Caldera rep at the show told us they will send somebody out to train us on the software. That was one of the big selling point to us and why we choose caldera. When the time for the equipment to be installed and train, the tech from Montroy cannot give us any training on software. We reach out to caldera, they do send people out for training, the cost is $4000. I don't want to sue anybody but sounds like both company are accountable for their intent warranty at the point of sale. I feel like I got played on this one.

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]my question is, when you guys purchase the caldera software, did it include proper training? [/COLOR]

If you didn't get it in writing, then there's no use arguing over it. Both the machine you bought and the Caldera software are simple and easy to use. Learn from the Montroy guy about the 360, and then get going on Caldera. You'll find that it is quite intuitive, and if you need any help look up all the documentation and how to guides that are included with the software. If trouble still arises, reach out to their support. But, really, if you sit down and play with it for a few minutes you'll see it's not that difficult to use.

HulkSmash

Montroy should be training. Caldera Via Phone and direct connect is fine. We do it all the time. They're great at it. Montroy should set up your rip. Setup your printers to the rip, and get profiles loaded.. then show you how to profile, print, send files etc etc... call montroy.