• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transit Connect Side Molding

grafixemporium

We're finally about to wrap our first Transit Connect. I'm curious about the plastic molding down the sides of the body. I know they are held on with VHB tape, but I haven't attempted to remove them yet. Are there holes in the body?

kstompaint

No holes, body side molding came off in less than a minute.

Anybody take the door handles off one of these yet? The one we did was only a partial, so I worked around them but for a full wrap, I'd definitely want them out. They look like a real pain... maybe I'm missing something simple.

SSG_SIGNS

we just wrap around them very carefully, took less time to do that than try to figure the damn thing out.

kstompaint

Thanks for the link Border, I'll try that process on the next one.

SSG, I agree that it's easier to wrap around the handles but it looks so much better to go under them. It holds up better that way too. No seams, No seams, No seams, No seams...

SSG_SIGNS

If you do it right there are no seams, trust me I agree that it looks better to go under the handles, we take them off along with everything else when possible.

kstompaint

I don't have a single local competitor that removes a darn thing from a vehicle before wrapping it. Our prices are generally higher but we've still won a ton of jobs by referrals and people who have had it done the wrong way by other shops.