• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble connecting Graphtec CE1000-60

GoodPeopleFlags

I hope someone here can help me. I have an old Graphtec CE1000-60 and cannot get it to communicate with my computer. Here's what I have: A laptop with Windows 7 and Illustrator CS5. An old desktop with Windows XP and Illustrator CS2. I have the original serial cable for the plotter, a parallel to usb and a serial to usb. I've tried Cutting Master 2 and 3. I've tried every combination of plotter/cable/computer I can come up with. I've triple checked that all of the parameters match and they're good. I emailed Graphtec to see if I downloaded the correct plotter driver and they said that the driver for the CE2000 was the correct driver for the CE1000 and that it won't work with Cutting Master 3. The furthest I've been able to get is on the XP computer, Cutting Master 2, with the original cable, I hit "Send" and the job won't go farther than 0%. It also won't poll the size. The computer shows that the plotter is installed on COM 1. Now, one thing that's weird is in Cutting Master, when you set which plotter you're using, the CE1000 isn't listed and neither is the CE2000. Only by choosing the CE3000-60 or CE5000-60 have I gotten as far as I have. With the others, I get a port error message. I'm obviously missing something but what??? Please help!

DizzyMarkus

Unure if this will help your situtation or not but heres howe I got a 15+ y/o cutter wotking on Windows 7--- my guess is the port choice and depending on how you have it hooked up.

I use a serial to usb adapter
Install drivers (I use Flexi)
In cut window or properities and choose one of the usb ones --- IE: USB001, USB000 etc I could never get it to work using a com port-- only passing through usb. Its an old Vinyl Express 'LYNX" 24 inch cutter well over 15 years hehe I also took a simple sqyare and tried to have it cut under each port until I found the right one.

good luck-- keep changing things, it'll all of sudden cut hehe

GoodPeopleFlags

In CM2 Properties (and/or Edit > Change Setup), the place where you tell it which plotter you have and which port its on, the only USB option is "Graphtec USB". I tried that with both my parallel to USB and serial to USB, on both the laptop Windows 7 and desktop XP. I got a port error every time.

Yeah, I figure if I just try enough combinations, I'm bound to hit the right one at some point. But I've went through every combination I can think of. I'm hoping you guys will think of something that I haven't!

Thank you!

:banghead::frustrated: