• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with Acerbis grey Epson s80600

Alex116

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a good neutral gray with my s80600.

Like Acerbis plastic gray for example

Does anyone have a tip or address in Germany that can create a custom profile?

Best regards Alex

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Does anyone have a tip
Do you have much color correction experience or skill? Can you describe which color is excessive in the grey? Red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, or yellow? Is the current print too light or too dark? What color values are you starting with in the print document, be they RGB or CMYK values? Do you have an actual sample of the grey to match and examine under the same lighting condition? Are you confident the printer is behaving properly otherwise? Have you printed a known quality control or evaluation file recently?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If your Onyx has Swatch books feature then it's super easy to print out a visual swatch and select the correct color.

mim

0_o
I've already tried a lot of profiles, the gray tone of cool gray 7 is quite ok, but doesn't match the Acerbis gray perfectly.

Do you have a recommendation which profile, I use the onyx rip

Make sure you're using a Pantone and it's not being converted to CMYK pre rip. I use the IJ180 CV3 Premium Cast Vinyl setting for pretty much all my printing, regardless of material. The colors always hit, but grey is tricky and will often look pink or green if a specific Pantone isn't assigned.

dennis jonon

Thanks, but I already had this Color chart but I think it depends on the profile they use, with my profile the cool gray 7 don’t match the Acerbis grey exactly
Can’t be to far off and any further off than a lot of the mom and pop shops printing that color… go up and down a few shades and you’ll find it bro, not that incredibly , all due respect. Those colors we’ve all shared will get you in the vicinity. The rest is up to you and your printer and profiles

Alex116

Can’t be to far off and any further off than a lot of the mom and pop shops printing that color… go up and down a few shades and you’ll find it bro, not that incredibly , all due respect. Those colors we’ve all shared will get you in the vicinity. The rest is up to you and your printer and profile
This is the shade of grey I get with my 80600 with the “cool grey 7” the square with the cross mark.

IMG_5091.jpeg

dennis jonon

Come on man, this k part of the game.

You need to print out the entire gray searching you wanna get closer than that’s.

Print the color sheet from Vera’s works, or maybe even a Pantone color book.

Welcome to why I worked in Moto for 12
years and got the hell out!

How much TIME are you putting into it?
Worth it? Hell no. $200 dirt bike kit and you’ve worked on it for 10 hours now

Buying a printer for 250na month there’s no market for dirtbike graphics anymore..

greysquirrel

There is a pdf Pantone file you can print from the onyx samples folder that loads on your computer. Does your profile match the media you are printing on? you need to start there or purchase an eye1. If you follow any of the suggestions above you will get where you are going. Noone will have a step by step guide for you. Its tail and error. Its up to you to close the variables to make the process easier.

dennis jonon

There is a pdf Pantone file you can print from the onyx samples folder that loads on your computer. Does your profile match the media you are printing on? you need to start there or purchase an eye1. If you follow any of the suggestions above you will get where you are going. Noone will have a step by step guide for you. Its tail and error. Its up to you to close the variables to make the process easier.
I dont print moto anymore after working and starting BIKEgraphix, then To RiDePG until they Closed, Then I went to N-style, they stopped, the Factory Effex,,, After that I am now about 89 k deep in machines doing a PRINT SHOP on my own and make 30000000X the money because people appreciate your work , there custom work being made, an they dont expect shit yesterday and for free. its been a fuckin dreams!!!!! lol

GSM903

I dont print moto anymore after working and starting BIKEgraphix, then To RiDePG until they Closed, Then I went to N-style, they stopped, the Factory Effex,,, After that I am now about 89 k deep in machines doing a PRINT SHOP on my own and make 30000000X the money because people appreciate your work , there custom work being made, an they dont expect shit yesterday and for free. its been a fuckin dreams!!!!! lol
Its been a long time since I have heard RidePG mentioned, cool though!

yannb

Work with custom spot colors, not only in Illustrator but in in Onyx too. In Onyx they need to be defined in the LAB colorspace. Defining spot colors in CMYK in means the color will be defined by the CMYK source profile you have set in Onyx, which is not the way to go. You can measure each reference color in LAB using a spectrophotometer like the i1Pro or the very affordable Epson SD-10. Together with a super accurate ICC profile (like 3M IJ40-10) you’ll get spot-on colors. Naming of the spot colors in Illustrator and Onyx is case sensitive.
So what you basically need to know is what are the LAB values of Acerbis Grey.
Attached is a sample of what can be achieved using this technique.

Attachments

• IMG_4221.jpeg
    IMG_4221.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

dennis jonon

yes they are still around without Bart, the Main guy of the city.. don't quote me but I think some negative stuff came
out about fraudulent stuff of some sort many years ago at this Point

BUT

Cor Moto Graphics is the graphic designers of ride PG, they went in an bought everything and started back up soon after across the highway in that beautiful little town.... its escaping me now.

https://cormotographics.com/