• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Truck wrap question

laserman70

We have been approached by a company to wrap trucks with aluminum cylinder tanks with welds every 4 feett. Is the 3m 180 a good product for this? Has anyone had experience wrapping an aluminum body? This would be our first dealing directly on aluminum, I appreciate the help.

threeputt

Just finished printing the wrap for a septic tank company. His tank is 76" in diameter by 162" long.

But it's painted metal, not bare aluminum. But it does have a few welds to wrap over. So the project is similar but not exactly like yours.

I'm using 3M 180 Comply with the V-3 Adhesive.

I'll bet your vehicles will smell better than the one we'll get next week.

tanneji

Just finished printing the wrap for a septic tank company. His tank is 76" in diameter by 162" long.

But it's painted metal, not bare aluminum. But it does have a few welds to wrap over. So the project is similar but not exactly like yours.

I'm using 3M 180 Comply with the V-3 Adhesive.

I'll bet your vehicles will smell better than the one we'll get next week.

Haha yikes! But I concur ... we would use the same. Just leave an air channel running vertically with the rivets, heat it up and then rolle-pro down that channel. Pushes all the air out and the vinyl conforms to the rivets. Good stuff.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I did 3 or 4 of these.
They came in brand new, unpainted, uncoated raw aluminum.
The slag was still on most of the welds up on top.
We used 180c
Worked fine, done late 2008 - still look good.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• tanker.jpg
    tanker.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 119