• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to fix a mess.

hatmanok

I am re lettering a pan face and someone has painted pink harts on the back side of the sign. Is there any way to get them off without destroying the coating? What can be used to repair places in the coating that has been damaged? I don't know why anyone in their right mind would paint something like pink harts on the inside of a sign but it is up to me to fix it. Thanks for any good advice.

visual800

heres the best advice for dealing with your situation call FACES< INC and order a new one and do not get emotionally involved with this project. You didnt sray on it and you will go thru hell getting it off and ruining the face anyway. So skip steps 2 and 3 and just order a new one!....go ahead ask me how I know

NOW if teh inside of the pan face is actual amterial and NOT sprayed white I would get the graffiti off with automtive reducer

UFB Fabrication

You could use spaylat or grip flex remover and get back to clear and re spray if you have the equip, time and tallent. Dont use LACQUER thinner as it will eat the plastic if its polycarbonate.

CS-SignSupply-TT

REPAIR vs. REPLACE

heres the best advice for dealing with your situation call faces< inc and order a new one and do not get emotionally involved with this project. You didnt sray on it and you will go thru hell getting it off and ruining the face anyway. So skip steps 2 and 3 and just order a new one!....go ahead ask me how i know

now if teh inside of the pan face is actual amterial and not sprayed white i would get the graffiti off with automtive reducer

+1,000,000

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Denatured alcohol will take it right off. Let it set a little and then wipe clean.

What coating ?? Is it back-sprayed from the previous shop ??