• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to get started

Sagan4862

I'm trying to start up my own business, start small with window stickers and such right away move up to bigger stuff as time goes on. Just looking for opinions on a decent starting set up for a printer and cutter. I was looking toward the Gerber Edge FX and the gerber cutter. Just trying to get an opinion on the setup and see if anyone had any suggestions on that printer or another one.

Thanks

klingsdesigns

Depends on how much money you want to spend.. I have a graphtec plotter, vp540 printer/cutter, and a guardian laminator. If you get a printer you will need a laminator. Software, etc etc

SIGNTIME

Start off by doing sales and finding a print shop that will wholesale to you. then when you are selling enough to justify buying a printer and cutter go for it, sales is the hard part.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, do you have a budget ??
Next thing would be a target type of clientele ??
Are you working in a shop or out of your house ??
What's your plan besides you wanna make window stickers and grow into digital prints ??

Are you qualified at making half decent layouts or designs ??
Are you gonna work alone ??
Do you have other skills such as working with tools ??

These questions answered will help to guide you towards certain goals.

Sagan4862

Basically what im looking for is an opinion on the gerber system or something in that price range. Something that wont break the bank but provides good quality. Id be working from home, and most likely alone. I already work in design just trying to start doing my own thing to make some side cash.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In that case, I used to have Gerber equipment, but now I don't except for some plotters. It was good, now I don't have any.... or did I mention that ??