• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 overprint on 1 layer

willkho

Hi all,
if not mistaken, ucjv can do multiple overprints on one layer only? I can't find a way to do it.

For instance:
I want to build up texture using clear then cmyk on top.
To reach the heigh I desired, I need 5 overprint of clear but just 1 overprint CMYK (5 over print cmyk will be too dark).

Is it possible?

Thanks

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Best bet for building up clear is a CMYK/Clear gloss on pass 1, then pull-back and do a second gloss. Will get some nice thick prints, at least in my experience. Using Rasterlink 7 here, so not sure if using aftermarket RIPs.

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
If you want to do raised under the 4 color. Best way would be to make a White ink layer and a Build layer (100% of CMYK) for what you want raised up. Regular ink and white are thicker than the clear and will build up faster.
I'm not totally familiar with the 300 but you should be able to do 5 layers (BUILD>WHITE>BUILD>WHITE>CMYK)

willkho

Best bet for building up clear is a CMYK/Clear gloss on pass 1, then pull-back and do a second gloss. Will get some nice thick prints, at least in my experience. Using Rasterlink 7 here, so not sure if using aftermarket RIPs.
yupe, I always use pullback, but sometimes it doesn't work with the alignment, occasionally head strike.

willkho

If you want to do raised under the 4 color. Best way would be to make a White ink layer and a Build layer (100% of CMYK) for what you want raised up. Regular ink and white are thicker than the clear and will build up faster.
I'm not totally familiar with the 300 but you should be able to do 5 layers (BUILD>WHITE>BUILD>WHITE>CMYK)
interesting, I've never tried 5 layers for this, will surely try it.
The build is the clear ink right?

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes