• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF3042HG

Vipul

Is there any way I can continue to use expire dated ink cartridges for the Mimaki UJF 3042hg printer?
They have exceeded the 2-month grace period and have at least 80% left.
Can I use a chip from a used cartridge of a similar colour?.
What happens if I use a chip from a brand-new cartridge of another colour?
does the machine detect the colour or chip life?
Please anyone help me.

Forty One

Back of the machine, remove the cover and find the mainboard.
On there you will see a little watch/button battery.
Remove it. Count to 30 then put it back in.
It will reset your clock back.

Smoke_Jaguar

If you're decently technical, I can run you through setting the date value on the ink chip. Doesn't require anything too crazy, just a USB to serial adapter, a 110 ohm resistor and some free software.

Vipul

DTF UV printers.
Is there anyone who can advise me which one I should buy?
Obviously Mutoh is really expensive so my best be would be Chinese make which I am told are not a bad buy around 7 to 8K each and you pay extra for the inks and media.
I have seen 3 that have the I3200U1 head but am undecided.
Anyone with similar experiences?

Vipul

DTF UV printers.
Is there anyone who can advise me which one I should buy?
Obviously Mutoh is really expensive so my best be would be Chinese make which I am told are not a bad buy around 7 to 8K each and you pay extra for the inks and media.
I have seen 3 that have the I3200U1 head but am undecided.
Anyone with similar experiences?

Smoke_Jaguar

Might check the Mutoh forums instead of bumping the thread. General consensus on a lot of the Chinese UV printers seems to be what you save in cash; you pay for in downtime. When buying a printer, you want to factor in service, printers that can be serviced by qualified people tend to be way more reliable than ones you can't.