• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflexx 18oz Blockout LTX on L360

dypinc

Anybody using this on the L360?

I am really struggling with this sticking to the drying platen when printing the second side if there is heavy coverage on the first side. I guess I will have to try higher passes and lower heat.

Any other double sided 18oz that works good in the L300 series? Never care for the milky/chalky Advantage's Optima and Bantex's 18oz blockout is so high priced.

Have you tried loading the platen inserts that come with the L360. There like two big foam pads with little L brackets on one side. You slide it it the printer so the prints don't get stuck on the bottom of platen when printing the second side.

dypinc

Have you tried loading the platen inserts that come with the L360. There like two big foam pads with little L brackets on one side. You slide it it the printer so the prints don't get stuck on the bottom of platen when printing the second side.

I should have mentioned that I did try that. I think the sticking was even worse with the foam pads.

Does the ink stick or is the banner sticking. I have had problems a couple years ago with key banner. We were trying to print too low on the passes. It was heating the material up so much that it was making it tacky. This was a L25500. Double heaters too much heat. Maybe you do need to up the passes so you can lower your temp down some. Unless it's the ink and then you need to go the other way around. We have been using the 13oz. forward banner from Grimco. Haven't had any issues yet Not sure if they have a 18oz. blockout or not.

dypinc

I think the heavy ink coverage has a lot to do with it. Printed it before with the same setting and light ink coverage and did not have this kind of sticking. I will have to try lower heat and more pass for heavy coverage.

twmiller24

I hear you. I've wasted so much of the same material the same way. I've arrived at a happy medium -- a combination of a custom profile and a few tricks.

1. Don't use the other platen. For anything. In my experience it's guaranteed head strikes and issues. (Same goes for the "loading tool.")

2. Always use takeup, especially on the back side. Of course, this means a lot of wasted area, but I haven't found a way around it.

3. I use a modified 6 pass profile that prints well and seems to work well. I can't remember settings off hand, but it works quite well. Here's a link to download the profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz7l915pht2njw7/UltraFlex18oz_Profile.oms?dl=0 (The 6 pass is what works. I think there are a couple other settings in this one, but just use the 6 pass)

dypinc

Hay thanks for the profile. To eliminate the possibility of Media being overwritten I have to ask what Media Name does your profile use?

Also is 100% Ink Density good enough for you with 6 pass?

twmiller24

Hay thanks for the profile. To eliminate the possibility of Media being overwritten I have to ask what Media Name does your profile use?

Also is 100% Ink Density good enough for you with 6 pass?

Media Name: 18 oz. Pole Banner

Actually, the 6 pass is at 80% density and works great. We have a recurring 2-sided job with a black background and haven't had any color issues.

dypinc

Tried another banner material that was showing some sticking to the drying platen. I noticed that the vacuum was set too high in the printing platen area. When I lowered the vacuum I also noticed this made a effect in the drying platen area. Seems like there is vacuum being applied to the drying platen. Is this really true?

I have wondered why all the holes are in the drying platen. Could this explain why they include the pads for fabric. I guess I will have to test this some more.