• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unused artwork!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
So, I was going through my files of the last year ... and I have unused artwork! For whatever reason these works were dumped in favor of something different (got to love that) so some of my illustrations are just sitting there. Thought I would share in my 'failed' art for the last year. As I come across them I am going to post them here in the replies.

This one was for a wrestling event (text was reused, but it was just plain jane) ... this one was rejected because it looked 'like a chicken' ha ha.

Attachments

• eagle-illustration-small.jpg
    eagle-illustration-small.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 114

DesireeM

Very nice! At that quality you should sell your unused vector illustrations to stock sites or...you know...make them available for free online for people like me who can't illustrate to save my life. haha But seriously though - I've heard there's not a lot of money to be made selling stock vectors but since you've already made them what's the harm in trying?

DesireeM

Very nice! At that quality you should sell your unused vector illustrations to stock sites or...you know...make them available for free online for people like me who can't illustrate to save my life. haha But seriously though - I've heard there's not a lot of money to be made selling stock vectors but since you've already made them what's the harm in trying?

Oops...just realized you didn't mention if it was even vector art...ah well.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It is vector art, but it's just a 10 minute drawing with a rough vector and basic halftoning ... nothing that would pass quality control for stock art. It's one of those "they want WHAT?!" ... all right, let me get out my pens ... it will be done in about 20 minutes ..." sort of thing. Good enough for screen printing with a 100 mesh screen at 5 or 6 inches big ... nothing I would put on a 4 foot banner or try to cut out of vinyl. -shudders at the points in it-

Here is one I did for a customer who was looking to 'super' her kid for a poster ... worked this sample up from some stock art as an example to see if that is what she wanted ... ended up just doing a halftone superman shirt rip with her kid and a cheesy logo ... not illustrated.

But, had fun doing it.

Attachments

• comic-style.jpg
    comic-style.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 108