• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded from Dual 1.6 to VW6 on 12th gen i5!

tedbragg

What a diffrence! Was working on an Athlon x4 640 with Dual 1.6. AGONY. Total agony. Every little change would take 2 minutes to finish, endless hourglass/spinners. Lots of freezes, lockups and crashes.

Got a $240 chinese special, a 12th Gen i5 with VW6 and it's NIGHT AND DAY. Instantaneous and lightning quick response. Rip times cut to a 1/3rd.

If you're rolling with old gear and wonder if an upgrade will do you any good, here ya go. Working with the Roland is a joy again!

KC1990

Running VW6 off a recent upgrade, couldn't agree more!
When I got new hardware I installed a font manager. Unused fonts add up over the years and slowed me down.
Also stopped saving print files unless they're super common re-ordered items. Just keep the original artwork files (ai ect.) Saves a ton of space!
A second monitor is a game changer too for productivity if you haven't yet.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Took you 14 years to upgrade that PC ?
CPU in those days where still crap compered to the advancements we've had.

oldest CPU id go is 8 years and still have good performance. which would be 6th - 7th gen intel.

tedbragg

Yeah, the Roland was second fiddle to our HP FB700 -- didn't do a whole bunch until recently. All those stickers and windshield permits :)