• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

URGENT! Overspray Issue with Cyan

mesheau

Hey Guys and Girls,

Hoping you can help me out with a issue I'm having. Currently theres a municipal election going on and I'm in a rush to get lots of signs out the door.

Printer model is a Sol-Jet PRO II SC-540. As it stands I'm experiencing overspray on cyan only. All the signs I'm printing have either black or images of the candidate on them. Usually the oversray starts about .5" before the actual print, which lead me to believe there was a hair or fibre stuck to the head on either of the outside heads (CY or LC). After cleaning over and over there is no debry (hair/fibres) in the way or around the print head/carriage.

I've done the following:

-3 Manual Cleans
-3 Power Cleans
-Replaced all LC/CY ink
-Cleaned Encoder Strip
-Bi/Adjustment (which seemed fine)

I noticed when doing a print test the drop outs on the light cyan head were large. I'm unsure if this is the matter or not. It has been like this for a while with no issue.

Please help me out! I've attached to pictures for reference

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 2-2.jpg
    photo 2-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 82

scuba_steve2699

There is no option in Versaworks or anywhere else that I know of to not use the Lc channel. Have you tried a head soak to see if you can clear it?

scuba_steve2699

Head soak - I pinch off the tubes from the bottom of the capping station and then fill it with cleaning solution. Next put the head into that and allow it to sit there for at least an hour to dissolve and loosen any dried ink etc. Once you are done, un pinch the lines and run a normal cleaning to clear it out and give it a try.

Its not an absolute answer but I have been able to fix a few heads this way.