• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USB ports Powering Down-Help needed how to fix!

LMSigns24

I posted a month ago that my USB drives will not be recognized after computer is running for a while. In order to open flash drives, i need to restart my computer. Someone had mentioned that they might be powering down? I am not sure how to fix this in my settings. I have windows 7 on an HP. This is driving me crazy when i want to quickly open a file. Can anyone give me instructions how to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I used to have a similar problem on an older Gateway computer whenever I plugged in my camera to a USB to download photos.

My SignLab dongle (plugged into another USB port) would somehow not be recognized and would only function when I re-booted the computer. It took me about six months and a lot of frustration to recognize the correlation between the two events.

I never figured out the problem, but the problem no longer occurs on my Dell.

JB