• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

usb printer cable

mark galoob

ok for all you tech guru's out there...i recently have been able to move my plotter into a much more convient location in my shop...however, its further from my computer now...

lets talk usb printer cables...i prob need 35-40' worth of usb printer cable...its been about 20' but now that i have to double it, do i need a powered cable or something like that or can i just use extensions.?

thanks in advance

mark galoob

ruckusman

you can get ethernet to USB print servers, so that is also an option

I find ethernet easier to troubleshoot if there are any issues; You can check packet data sent & received easily, as well as ping addresses, telnet to devices as well as login using web browsers for print servers with a web server interface

peace out

jayhawksigns

We have a 36' USB repeater cable running to a USB hub that connects our Summa plotter and DC4sx to the rip server, works great.

ironchef

Happy fourth to all.... i bought a gold plated 12 foot usb cable from bestbuy..for a mimaki. Do i plug it in the computers usb port in the back? Or the gigabit switch? I'm thinking directly to the pc...also does it work with 2.0 ports? 3.0? I have both.thanks

binki

Monoprice comes highly recommended. They are right in our backyard and I never heard of them until just a few weeks ago.