• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using big squeegee on corroplast, perfect but bubbles form minutes later

VicoDrive

Since you guys introduced me to the big squeegee, things have been great! There is one thing I have noticed that im afraid can become a big problem eventually. Ill lay the image down that was printed on orajet and everything comes out nice and flat. After several minutes go by, Ill notice tiny bubbles forming on some of the rows. Ill try to work them out but things sometimes just get worse. Is there a way to avoid this? Could it be the direction of the corroplast with how Im applying (though I think Ive tried both)? They have been full coverage printouts also but I let them sit overnite to dry because I have noticed you get crazy bubbles and other kinks when applying soon after it comes off the printer. Thanks!

Tim Aucoin

Yes... pictures would help.
I have had that happen to me before, and the issue on my end was that my table surface wasn't exactly level. If there is the slightest dip or bump in your table, you won't get even pressure on your big squeegee as you push it along. The smallest dip in your table could definitely cause that issue. Check your tables surface by placing a long metal ruler or bar (or whatever you know is perfectly flat/level) along it and look for peaks or valleys. It is always good to check this, and you might be surprised what you find. Since replacing my table surface with a higher quality (flatter) material, that issue has become a thing of the past! :smile:

VicoDrive

Ill try to get a pic. I did think about the surface being a problem but it is pretty flat. I did notice some forming after I picked up the sign and put it back down, so maybe the slight bending had something to do with it. It was printed on Orajet vinyl and they started forming within the groves. So if the flatness of the table or the movement of the sign can cause them to form, whats the best way to move it? Should it stay flat for a certain amount of time before picking up?

Mosh

What is RA material?

Who in their right mind would waste that expensive material on a coro sign?

Apply a little slower, I don't seem to have any problems, I apply 651 to coro for cut stuff and ora 3164 for printed.

VicoDrive

Orajet is a brand of vinyl - which series are you using?

If you're having issues with bubbles, as suggested using a vinyl with air-release will eliminate this issue.

An economical calendered solution would be 3651RA.

So its AR and not RA, and its for air release? So im guessing the vinyl can breath and air bubbles are less likely to form? That sounds like a miracle! :)

I looked at our orajet material and the roll says Orafol 3651m if that tells you anything

J Hill Designs

So its AR and not RA, and its for air release? So im guessing the vinyl can breath and air bubbles are less likely to form? That sounds like a miracle! :)

I looked at our orajet material and the roll says Orafol 3651m if that tells you anything

it has a pattern on the adhesive side that lets air travel out :thumb: