• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Manabu or ClearShield Classic [ Liquid Laminate ]

ATW

Good Afternoon,

Does anyone have experience with this product?
I have been using it for just a short time and i really cant seem to get the finished product to come out perfectly smooth.
Sometimes there are 100's of little air bubbles and it seems the technique has not changed really.

Any Advice is most welcome

TimToad

It sucks to work with if using a foam roller. I've had better luck with a mohair roller, but spraying it is the best.

J Hill Designs

I have no issues with foam brush or foam roller. are you thinning it? you should thin to a milk-like consistency in my experience.

player

Once rolled on, when still wet, roll over the area with the roller without any pressure. Be sure the roller's load of product is rolled off- the roller is still wet but not loaded with product. Wait a minute or two, then go over the coated area. A nice systematic pattern horizontally, then crosshatched vertically. This will pop the bubbles and they will flow away. Works great with 1 shot too. Remember not too fast and just the weight of the roller.