• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using OPOS XY to cut multiple sticker sheets with Flexi/Summa

CharmedRunning

Hello. I'm running Sai Flexi 22. I'm trying to cut a large print job that consists of sticker sheets. If I just do ONE row of 4 sheets, it works perfect. If I try to add another row of 4 sheets within the same barcode, the cuts are all off. Suggestions, please??

Attachments

• 2023-04-27 14.50.32.jpg
    2023-04-27 14.50.32.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 2023-04-27 14.48.06.jpg
    2023-04-27 14.48.06.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 2023-04-27 14.47.37.jpg
    2023-04-27 14.47.37.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 86

MikePro

i have the same problem when I exceed ~4ft of print&cuts. I believe it is the drag of the material going through the plotter that works its way out of alignment as you progress through batches of cuts.

I've done longer batches by only exporting half of the page, flipping the sheet and rescan&export the other half, or thirds, or lines at a time. Its a bit more work but saves a TON of material since more gaps between prints & more barcodes = more media wasted, not to mention saving more of the prints that you would have thrown-away for miscuts.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We just use regular OPOS (always just worked for us). On the OPOS settings in Flexi we have the mark size set at .119 inch and max distance between marks is 10.0 inches. We regularly cut materials as much as 12 to 15 feet as one run with reasonably good accuracy although we do try to keep single runs and groups closer to about 6 feet.

CharmedRunning

We just use regular OPOS (always just worked for us). On the OPOS settings in Flexi we have the mark size set at .119 inch and max distance between marks is 10.0 inches. We regularly cut materials as much as 12 to 15 feet as one run with reasonably good accuracy although we do try to keep single runs and groups closer to about 6 feet.
I will try this. Thank you!