• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using X-Rite i1 Pro to calibrate color on HP 310 with Flexi Basic HP edition.

kcorcoran

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to figure out how to get accurate color from my HP 310 latex printer which doesn't have a spectrophotometer.
I have a line on an X-Rite i1 Pro (v1) for like $300 but want to be sure I can use that to calibrate my monitor and printer output colors.

I'm using Flexi basic HP edition that was provided with the printer.

Has anyone used this model to do that? Is there anything I should look out for if buying this?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how to get accurate color from my HP 310 latex printer which doesn't have a spectrophotometer.
I have a line on an X-Rite i1 Pro (v1) for like $300 but want to be sure I can use that to calibrate my monitor and printer output colors.

Has anyone used this model to do that? Is there anything I should look out for if buying this?

Thanks
Verify that your software RIP has the capability to capture color measurements (densitometric and potentially colorimetric), and that the device you buy is supported by that software, as well as any other color capture/ measurement software that you plan to use.

kcorcoran

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Should have mentioned I'm using Flexi (Basic?) HP Edition which seems a little limited so it might not accept custom measuremenets. Thanks.

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
The i1 does come with Match software which will donCMYK profiles, so as long as you can add your own icc’s and do some basic colour management in Flexi basic you should manage.
Just keep in mind the old i1 software only runs on older systems natively, so emulation and compatibility settings might not always work (but that’s rare)
In short, if you have the will then there’s a way.

FrankW

FlexiPRINT Basic does not support ICC-Profiling. FlexiSIGN & PRINT HP Edition does.

It is possible to import ICC-Profiles from Third Party Software into FlexiPRINT Basic. The i1 is delivered with a software which possibly can do that, but it depends on that CMYK-Profiling is unlocked. And that depends on the package bought. Basic Editions of the i1 doesn´t support CMYK-Profiling. For example for the i1 Pro 2, the Package "Photo" do not support CMYK-Profiling, the "Publish"-Edition does.

Unfortunately, doing profiling will not help against the lack of color consistency of latex printers.