• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Usps blows

skyhigh

I had a very important letter I sent "Certified", this past Friday.
The letter was only going 65 miles away, and has yet to be delivered, or even an attempt at delivery. Typically, this is a one day ship....or being it had to be signed for, should have been delivered (or attempted) yesterday.

No such luck yesterday....and not such luck today either. What the hell will happen when they reduce service hours and eliminate Saturday?

I could have walked there and back a couple times by now. :frustrated:

ucmj22

What the hell will happen when they reduce service hours and eliminate Saturday?

For starters, they could deregulate the mail industry and open up first class mail delivery to private shippers. It would get there faster and cost less

TheSnowman

I think they just need to privatize the entire thing. Yea, UPS, and FedEx sometimes suck too, but they can deliver as well as USPS any day, and they charge enough to actually stay in business. I don't get why USPS doesn't just raise the price to whatever it costs to survive. They basically have a monopoly for regular letter mail.

CanuckSigns

you havn't seen bad untill you've experienced Canada Post, I did a few small decals for a customer on the other side of town (10 miles TOPS) they couldn't come get them so they said just stick it in an envelope and mail it, it took 17 business days to get there!!!!

Saturday delivery?!? forget about it, I still have yet to get mail at my house on a monday because they can't be bothered.

They really should privatize the postal service, 99% of it is bills, why should the tax payers have to subsidize the postal service so companies can mail out bills for less than the true cost of service?

royster13

The few bad examples posted here do not indicate a bad postal service in Canada......Yes they get it wrong from time to time but far more often they get it right.....I ship several hundred packages a year by Canada Post and would not trade them for any other service......I also do a bunch with Fedex.....Fedex is far less reliable and often more costly....