• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Utilizing all 6 colors, L25500

the graphics co

Is there way to better utilize light cyan and light magenta when setting up files, it seems they remain mostly unused which seems like a lost opprotunity in the color gamut of the print jobs...

FatCat

6-color machines (CMYK,lc,lm) don't really expand your color gamut, only aid in making smoother transitions in gradients and tones in your prints. The only way to go outside traditional CMYK color gamut is to get a machine like the Epson GS6000 which is an 8 color machine that adds green and orange inks.

dypinc

You also need to be very careful how much of the light inks you use when you get into half tones and up. Try to minimize their use from 50 % to nothing at about 80% when you setup the light ink curves or you will have ink drying problem which will limit your ability to get a larger color gamut.

HulkSmash

Is there way to better utilize light cyan and light magenta when setting up files, it seems they remain mostly unused which seems like a lost opprotunity in the color gamut of the print jobs...

The colors are being used where they are needed. They're used less because you have the regular cyan and magenta in there. those light colors are mostly just used for transitions... i wouldnt complain too much about having ink left.... That's a good thing