• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

armandolo

I've seen ton of discussion on printing on metals and acrylic but never on something that's painted with Matthews (Metal or Acrylic).

We had mixed results especially printing something that has paint buildup like in case of ADA signs. We tried AP3155 with mixed results and it leaves a discoloration on the paint finish.

Anyone had some success with using a adhesion promoter/primer

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Matthews satin has a pretty slick surface that could be difficult to get UV print to adhere well. Adhesion promoters eat into the surface, which could give you an uneven finish. It might be best to spray matte clear on the Matthews paint to have a finish that has more for the ink to bite into.

JBurton

Signtologist
Two thoughts:
1. Print the background. I'm assuming this has been considered and either speed or consistency are going to be an issue.
2. Paint clear P95 acrylic on the glossy side, flip the panel upside down, print onto the frosted side of the clear. (Matthews has a no-sanding primer for acrylics that is 'clear', though it may have some shading on second surface paints: https://www.reecesupply.com/2306490/Product/Matthews Paint 74777SP)