• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV inks not drying IJC258

leonsignsltd

We've had issues for a long while now with certain colours not drying on our Oce Arizona 318GL. We are using the IJC258 ink that is apparently more durable/better adhesion to coroplast.
The colours that don't seem to dry/cure properly are the light blues in images such as the sky or light beige.
We've tried bumping the lamps up to full - no difference
We've tried single direction printing rather than bidirectional - this is what Canon recommended to keep the UV light on the print for longer, no difference.

I'm thinking our best option is to buy a handheld UV lamp to go over the wet inks after the print is done but we shouldn't have to resort to that

any help would be appreciated

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Put the print outside on a sunny day for 15 minutes. If it cures, check your lamps to see if there might be ink on the glass. If that doesn't do it, might have some ink doing funky things due to a bad batch, expiration, etc. Better yet, make a test print divided into ink colors so you can check each individual color to see if just one is having issues.