• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Long Drop Printing

Ditchmiester

Is there a company out there other than Mimaki that offers Long Drop Printing for printing into a pocket. I have a 6042 MKII that does a pretty good job but looking for something faster for a large project I'm bidding on.

dreko

Funny, I was just posting a thread on this topic... trying to find what machine, can jet the ink and cover a deep pocket, slope, curve, etc , rather than just a shallow depth
I guess you call it 'Long Drop Printing' i.e. You have a object, and you need to print all the peaks AND valleys... and are needing the greatest range

cornholio

What depht are you talking about? The smaller the drop size, the less distance between printheads and medium is possible. The drops are deflected by static or air draft and are shot at an angle because of the moving carriage.
I don't know of a printer, that uses heads with very large drops nowadays.