• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet PF adjustment question

heyskull

Just before Christmas I had a few issues with our 1604.
I have removed and retensioned the drive belt on the x axis.
I know I have to change the PF adjustment as i am getting banding issues on some of the lower resolution settings .
I can adjust this while it's printing and taking it up to about +8 gets it printing spot on.
But I am trying to set this up so this is its initial setting and doesn't need adjusted up all the time.
I have read the manual but it doesn't make it clear how to do it and prints 4 muti coloured stripes with +2 +1 0 -1 -2 on it.
The only problem is the stripes look all the same!!!!
How can i set the pf adjustment the same as when it is printing?

Thanks
SC

randya

You basically need a pf adjust for each different type of media that you are using, you can save these in the user settings - there are 30 of them.

The first thing you need is an accurate mm ruler, 600mm - probably more common for you than us over here.

Menu1
Set Up
Media Type
Type ?

PF Adjust
Initial Print - pick 500 mm - this will print out sets of tick marks on each edge of the media.

Cut this piece off, lay it on a flat surface and measure - estimate between tick marks on your ruler. I.e. 498.2

Got back through the menu to PF
Initial Change - enter your measured value there.

Using this method I have never had to do the micro adjust.

IF you use the micro adjust you can save in the current user setting - it is something like 'update' after the micro adjust menu. So that you wont have to do it every time.

The micro patterns are similar to your home printer, you should pick the 'best' pattern.
It is tougher to use if you are not very close already.

heyskull

Randya

Does this work as I use Wasatch to set the printing up and it overwrites the media settings on the machine
We just set the machine on media 1

SC

heyskull

Randya

Does this work as I use Wasatch to set the printing up and it overwrites the media settings on the machine
We just set the machine on media 1

SC

randya

Yes, Wasatch can pick the User (media settings)

So if you set up User 1 for say, Vinyl, User 2 for Banner, User 3 for paper, then set up PF adjusts for each of these.

You can leave your printer on media 1, but then use Wasatch to call your media settings for User 1, 2, etc and you will have PFs for each. The RIP does not override the PF setting for ValueJets.

To calibrate “Page Feed” You will want a fairly accurate millimeter measurement device for optimal PF adjust, a suitable steel rule is available from: McMaster-Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/, the part number is 6823A62, although I have used a 300mm ruler from Office Depot and various tape measures with success.