• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vanguard flatbed color calibration

ProntoSigns

Anyone printing with a Vanguard flatbed with Caldera rip software has any advice for color calibration and color profiling.

The main issue we are having is getting the printer to accurately print red. They prints are coming out too light or too orange.

The sample test file Vanguard supplies from Onyx rip prints a true red but when we try to print that same file through Caldera the red is way off.

Any advice on color profiles or a way to adjust this would be greatly appreciated.

signheremd

Not sure what design program you are using, but color format does matter: you will experience shifts in color when the original files is a jpg compared to a CMYK or Pantone. So same color converted to a different format comes out differently in many cases. Are you exporting the file as pdf, eps, or jpg? Does it Rasterize before exporting? understand that there are several things that can shift the color.

Patrick Farrell

Check out the Nix sensor. Far cheaper alternative and IMO works just as well. We have a VK300d-HS here. But we use onyx. Grey/gray and reds are the bane of my existence.

Bxtr

Check out the Nix sensor. Far cheaper alternative and IMO works just as well. We have a VK300d-HS here. But we use onyx. Grey/gray and reds are the bane of my existence.
Hey Patrick, We are using onyx with our VK as well. I have a profile for CMYK that prints everything good besides red, it either looks too pink or too red. I have a white profile that prints reds beautifully but if I'm printing images it looks like everyone got a sunburn. We go back and forth between the two depending on the job.