• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE LXI 7.5 import issue

go_racer

I just purchased a used vinyl cutting package that came with the Bobcat cutter and the VE LXI software (v7.5). I have about 25+ years with autocad and for some reason LXI will not trace the exported DXF file. The error that I keep getting is "You must select a area of a bitmap to trace". I have exported it from autocad 14 to release 12, 13 & 14 DXF and the same error message appears. When I export it to a eps file, the file tries to open but crashes in LXI. The commands in LXI are not exactly user friendly compared to my ability doing the same thing with autocad. It seems to work ok in Autocad 2007, but when it cuts, it seems to lose the exact object I'm trying to cut.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatful.

Gary

Replicator

Welcome to Signs101 . . . !

DFX and DWG are notoriously hard to convert to any other format correctly,

nor do they import properly into any program but a CAD or Embroidery program respectively . . .

Sorry to disappoint you . . .

Good Luck !

Service Sign Co

I'm not sure what import filters are on LXI since I don't have it loaded check for WMF and export WMF from Autucad or get Corel Draw and go through that program.