• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector gradient color drop out

I design in Ai CS2 and CS4 and rip with versaworks to a roland sp-540v that is about a year old. pretty frequently, I have an issue where one color of a vector gradiant doesn't print. If i have a simple design with a green to red vector gradient as a background, many times it won't print one of the colors and so the other color just fades to white. I have this problem with number of different files, all of which are clean, all vector files. The last two that have gone wrong, now that i think about it, have been fades from green to yellow, whereas the yellow didn't print so the green faded to white. It isn't just that color combo that is tripping it up though.

I have the newest version of VersaWorks installed, and the preview of the file looks perfect in versaworks, but it just doesn't print that way. Have tried swapping the file type from .eps to .pdf and different versions of each and it rairly helps.

My current fix is to just rastorize the image and print it that way, but the colors aren't nearly as bright and nice as they are in vector format from the Roland Color System Library.

I have also tried the Roland support line a few times for this issue, but no luck. Anyone ever experienced this? Any words of wisdom?

hiway

Hello,
I have gotten around a similar problem printing in the past. Under the object dialog you should be able to expand the appearance of the gradient to 255 objects(the default). If you are able to see the steps increase the number of objects but you shouldnt have to. This eliminates the gradient and gives you 255 shapes with a solid fill color and VersaWorks doesnt have to interpret the shading any more. Hope this helps.