• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector image help needed please

ladyeleanor

attached is my file which is in jpg

got an image and although it looks ok, when i goto cut coral draw says it has less than 72d dpi and won't do anything, i've tried making image better quality but it still won't work.

cheers

any ideas?

ok, will try both links, thanks

Attachments

• retreivwevector.jpg
    retreivwevector.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
CorelDRAW has a pretty good trace feature to convert from raster image to vectors for cutting. I think, however, that your dog image may be too detailed to cut successfully once you get it vectored.

You might also want to send it into the Vector Doctor who can vectorize it for you for a very reasonable fee.

You may also want to browse vinyl-ready dogs at Express Clipart.

Jackpine

attached is my file which is in jpg

got an image and although it looks ok, when i goto cut coral draw says it has less than 72d dpi and won't do anything, i've tried making image better quality but it still won't work.

cheers

any ideas?

ok, will try both links, thanks
Raster image don't cut, vector images cut. If you bought the image from clipart.com it should have came in a vector format.

ladyeleanor

hoi

i have bought the image from clipart.com, but i didn't want to put the original on here!

i just wanted help in vectorizing it.

Attachments

• retrieverclipart.jpg
    retrieverclipart.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 112

imaSIGNr

I can't imagine having good success cutting that. Too much detail. And if you should get it cut, it will be near impossible to weed.......my02

Jackpine

i have bought the image from clipart.com, but i didn't want to put the original on here!

i just wanted help in vectorizing it.
I take it the image is not a vector, bummer and you paid $$$. I would use Corel X3 to convert it, or as others have said.....the Vector Doctor.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You want to cut and weed that?

Even if you come up with it in vector, life is too short and that's just beating up on yourself. You might try finding another image without so much detail.

ladyeleanor

yes, it's fot my other half as a pressie.

typical!

I do convert via coral but i think it's coral i have the problem with, how to actually vectorize properly.

anyone got an idiot guide to vectorizing in coral? Step by step for a blonde if poss.

cheers

Si Allen

It is an easy conversion in Corel X3...I just tried it...if you PM me with your email....I'll send it to you, as a .cdr and .ai.

Si Allen

Hey Ali...in Corel X3 click on Bitmap, then click on trace, then on clipart. Check Remove background, and move Smoothing on to the 1st notch and Detail all the way to the + mark and then OK.
Click on View, then Wireframe and move one image over to one side. Click on the grey image and delete it...what you have left is a cuttable vector image.

Hope that helps.