• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectorizing an image

cmerace73

Can anyone help me please vectorize this image? I am self taught,but can't grasp how to vectorize!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• treeandmoon2.jpg
    treeandmoon2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 87

Jillbeans

I'd do a Google search for it. It's a state logo or something like that, right?
Just type in whatever the name of it is with the word vector or pdf and you should be able to find something.
If you have Corel you can try converting to a bitmap and tracing.
Love....Jill

RalphGS

I can help you with the moon-part:
Draw an elipse
Draw another elipse but smaller
Pathfinder>subtract from agape area
Angle moon
Done :)

The rest I would autotrace in Illustrator and adjust some anchorpoints

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
So, this is the South Carolina flag? My goodness, there must be tons of vector stuff for that...

Linky

<edit> Oh, John, you made it too easy for him...

we don't know what software you are using but tracing a bitmap usually comes down to using the bezier tool and some time, even if you trace the image some 'tweaking' is usually necessary, depending on the level of quality you need for the project/customer.

for common items like this they can usually be found in vector format. alternatively there is always our very own "Vector Doctor" but this is a skill everyone in the trade should take the time to learn, imho...

signswi

After you get this figured out you should probably take a class in Illustrator or watch every single Illustrator video at Adobe.tv, possibly also Lynda.com.

Being self-taught means you've actually taught yourself ;).

MikePro

ya dude, self-taught means nothing in terms of productivity. I "played" with illustrator for years until I finally got serious and took classes.

school aside, get a free trial account for Lynda.com

well worth watching the videos for illustrator/photoshop at least once.
I've seen em all at least 4-5times.

(pay for school and they make me pay to watch videos, lol)