• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Outline Issues

heyskull

Over the last 10 years or so I have been purchasing and updating our vehicle outlines from a company in the UK.
I am beginning to see a larger discrepancy in the outlines.
Although they look correct, when creating graphics to fit the panels their can be up to 1" or more difference.
In the UK their is a further issue as a lot of commercial vehicles have to be fitted with fluorescent/reflective markings.
This means I have to template rears of vehicles which can take up to 3 times to get correct.

Can anyone help with a supplier of properly templated vehicles for the use in the UK??

Thanks
SC

scott pagan

i use Pro Vehicle Outlines and Mr.Clipart for vehicle templates. typically they're pretty accurate. i always try to measure when possible to verify sizes if i can get them. i'll have customer send photos if it's not at the shop. for wraps or large panels we oversize (bleed) graphics to allow applicators some wiggle room at application.