• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Templates

D2S

For the last year I have used Mr-Clip Art for all my car outlines and designs I like them because WrapVox imports easily and can give me accurate measurements. However with that said I am not open to other options, what do you guys recommend for a template service?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We do wraps all the time. Never use templates. Way too many variances with body moldings and such. We require that the vehicle be brought to us for a complete survey. We take photos and several measurements and design to full scale.

JoeBoomer

Pro Vehicle Outlines is great. They are very accurate and easy to use. I've used them for about 5 years.

I used to have to print all kinds of trucks and cars without ever being able to measure the actual vehicle and was very successful with it. (Obviously, measuring in addition to using the template is preferred.)

scott pagan

i use Mr Clipart and PVO for templates, but always try to get real tape measurements and photos. body lines, hardware, and compound curves will fool you and can make for headaches on your installers.

Pippin Decals

For the last year I have used Mr-Clip Art for all my car outlines and designs I like them because WrapVox imports easily and can give me accurate measurements. However with that said I am not open to other options, what do you guys recommend for a template service?

I have the 2016 collection of Pro Vehicle Outlines and they are accurate to 1/4".

T_K

We always used photos and measurements by hand. But you've got to get the customer to come to you for a survey AND install. Some of them don't have the time of day to do things properly.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Photos with a 16"x24" framing square smack in the center of each picture square to the vehicle. Import the photo, draw a rectangle around the framing square distorting it with rotate and skew if necessary, map the photo into the rectangle, remove any rotate or skew, make the rectangle 16"x24", unmap the photo from the rectangle. Now you have an actual size image of the vehicle with which to work. Doing it this way has never been off by a 1/4" either. And you don't have to wrangle a bunch of dubious line drawings of questionable provenance.

mnapuran

We do wraps all the time. Never use templates. Way too many variances with body moldings and such. We require that the vehicle be brought to us for a complete survey. We take photos and several measurements and design to full scale.

Same here... customers like seeing the design on their car too. Especially on partials, etc.

clarizeyale

We use Pro Vehicle Outlines and on rare occasions, Bad Wraps.

PVO - They're great, easy to use and mask in illustrator, and only rarely do I have an issue with measurements. If they don't have an outline of a vehicle online, they're super speedy in getting you an outline so great customer service with that!

We push our clients to give us photos of all sides of the vehicles as the usual "year, make, and model" question doesn't give you all the details. With photos or them coming to our shop for us to measure, take photos, and talk design, we can be sure that the layout matches the clients vehicle.

Bad Wraps - We use this if we absolutely cannot find the vehicle outline on PVO (even after contacting PVO in my experience). Cons for this is the use of photoshop and really longggg loading times (maybe it's just our computers). Overall, the file for these guys are too large for us to handle so we don't favor it though the layouts look really good and realistic.

I think they have a limited selection compared to PVO. I've seen that PVO has lately, included a lot more categories in their library..