• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap for Shop Pickup

speedys

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger that I want to wrap, but can't come up with any good ideas. I am new to the full wrap concept, but have done several partials. I do want a full wrap...we do everything from Screen Printing and embroidery to promotional products and signage. I want something simple but I also want it to jump.
Thank you in advance for any and all ideas...

phototec

863,000 images in 22 seconds

Search Google for pick up truck wraps, make sure you select the "IMAGES" heading at the top of the Google page.

I got 863,000 images in 22 seconds.

Ain't Google GREAT?

:doh:

MikePro

you got a brochure?
blow it up to 5' x 12', print/laminate, and have at it!

don't forget to remove any wax from the truck first!

signgal

Is this the same Ranger you were thinking of doing back in November?! LOL Our own stuff is always the last to get done, isn't it?!

speedys

Thanks

Yes it is the same ranger....one of these days....Actually, we are doing it this weekend. No, I don't want you to come up with the whole thing! I just needed some creative ideas and advice as to should I put everything we do on there somewhere? I know I don't want to overload, but I do want folks to know what all we do...
Thanks for your help.

MikePro

shop vehicle I'd say do TWO entirely different styles of wraps on each side.... one that appeals to companies and one that appeals to the street/track racing crowd. (business on the side.... party in the back, err, OTHERside)

....or at least that's what I'm gonna do with my Tahoe :) good luck!

speedys

That was a wrap!

We were doing it as a demo at our local car show. I had an installer come and help, mainly so it wouldn't take so long! 6 hours and it was complete. I was going to post a photo, but can't seem to get it to work.
Anyway, thank you to everyone for your support. Got a couple good ideas from the google search. Due to time constraints wasn't able to do what we really wanted, but it's now wrapped and we had a lot of interest. At one point had about 18 folks watching us. I believe this wrapping business could become addictive. I'm ready to wrap our horse trailer now! Anyway, thank you again for those helpful souls!

speedys

photos

Here is the shop truck as well as an EV we did a few months ago.

Attachments

• 100_0500.jpg
    100_0500.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_0501.jpg
    100_0501.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_0498.jpg
    100_0498.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0293.jpg
    100_0293.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 67

Dan Antonelli

No disrespect, but the tailgate is illegible, and the side not much better. So sad to see this much effort go into an install, only to have the design work really not communicate the message. You would have been better off hiring one of the rock stars here to design your wrap properly. This kind of stuff really does make me sad, honestly. Because it's all wasted money, and wasted opportunities for you. The money it will cost to do it over correctly could have initially just been spent with someone who could have helped you with the design work.

speedys

Hmmm

Thanks Dan...realize things weren't perfect and wasn't even what we really wanted...I was really posting this for signgal, and the other 2 helpful souls....You know, now I see why more newbies don't post pictures on here...

Dan Antonelli

Don't get discouraged. We all were newbies at one time or another. The important thing is to learn something from it, and apply it for future.

I'll post some of my stuff from 20 years ago and we'll all have a few good laughs.

Flame

Thanks Dan...realize things weren't perfect and wasn't even what we really wanted...I was really posting this for signgal, and the other 2 helpful souls....You know, now I see why more newbies don't post pictures on here...

Dan gave you a polite and helpful response. If you want to hear a song and a dance, show it to some drunks.

You posted this on a professionals site, you will get honest critique. Some people are full of bull, but others, like Dan, are incredibly helpful. He has an excellent point, the truck is not going to do you much, and I would take his advice as not rude, just factual and maybe see if he could offer you some design tips for another one!

All part of learning :)

k6media

It seems there has been a trend in the past little while of people posting vehicles they have done asking to get feedback from the users here.... they get feedback and then get defensive. The reality is when you ask a group of people their honest opinion.. you need to be prepared for what might be said on the other side.

Here goes... I have to say there are a lot of people that seem to go with a "grungy" look on their vehicle or client vehicles they are doing in the beginning. Simply adding a texture in the background and text with effects etc... You always need to ask yourself "who is my target market, and is this design going to appeal to them" ... The wrap doesn't have a professional feel to it.. and when appealing to business owners you want something that is going to draw in..

Secondly in vehicle wrap design and installation.. the back tailgate of the vehicle with text running into the door handle........ Just the fact that you installed those graphics that way shows a potential client that you might do the same thing on their vehicle. Your shop vehicle should be as close to perfect as possible so people can see what you are capable of. If I was driving behind your vehicle and saw the tailgate with missing letters from a line of text because it went over the door handle... would I want to call you for a vehicle wrap?

My suggestion would be to reprint the tailgate ASAP... and on your next vehicle go with something a little less grungy.. and much more professional.

signgal

if you truly posted it for us, then you should try to take Dan's comments as constructively as they were meant. He is one of the most helpful people on this site and for him to even give the time to comment on your project, well, you should be honored. If you hope to get anything off this site, you need to pay attention and not be defensive. Consider his extremely polite and diplomatic comments. I hadn't gotten to his comment when I opened the pix and nearly didn't read the additional posts because I was itching to say the very things he said. A bad display of your talents can hurt you worse than having nothing at all... sorry, but I only know how to give the truth.

jc1cell

Don't get discouraged. We all were newbies at one time or another. The important thing is to learn something from it, and apply it for future.

I'm not one to really critique anyone's art since I include myself in the section of needing plenty of "constructive criticism" (read "change everything and start over"), but I completely agree with the above quote.

Do take his criticism to heart but in a positive way. If newbies are afraid to post because they will get beat up then, in my opinion, they are really only interested in a pat on the back and a "great job man" rather than working on improving for the sake of their business and the industry.

It's true that you will get very heavy answers by some, but you just take in the ones that matter and ignore the rest. I can't say that I haven't seen other members not get hard critiques as well even with a higher stature on this site than my own.

Cheers,
jc