• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCAMM Bi vs Uni directional printing

B Snyder

Please take a look at this pic.

VP-540
max inks
40/45 temps.
VersaWorks
Standard 720x720 (v) mode (8 pass)
+.05 feed calibration
head speed = 720mm/s
feed speed = 8mm/s
Uni-directional print is perfect.

I can't seem to get my settings dialed in for perfect bi-directional printing of SOLID colors. I've got my bi-directional calibrations (simple and detail) properly adjusted. Any suggestions? I hope this isn't something I'll need to live with. I'm picky and I've got a little case of OCD. :smile:

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,685
Last edited:

B Snyder

its easier to see in a larger image but we're limited to 800px here.
I'll email a larger version to the address on your website.
Thanks!

high impact

Sorry B, missed it somehow...over worked or age! lol

I'm running versaworks unidirectional on all my prints that are going to be viewed up close. But I will print bidirectional when the viewing distance warrants. My bidirectional has some banding through versaworks but not quite as badly as that last pic.

Wish I could help but I seem to have the same problem. I figured it was the nature of the beast.

Graphics2u

Isn't there a way to adjust the step adjustment on the printer through Versaworks? Maybe in bi-dir you need to bump it up a little.

B Snyder

Isn't there a way to adjust the step adjustment on the printer through Versaworks? Maybe in bi-dir you need to bump it up a little.

Yes, but there is only one "feed calibration" adjustment. There aren't separate adjustments for each printing direction.