• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm help with adjusting a size

LMSigns24

I need to print labels that are 1.80" x .160". I can't get the measurment to go under .38. Can this be done? thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you have the right measurement ??

You have Sixteen Hundredth of an inch. That's less than a piece of construction paper.

Well, maybe not..... but a piece of cardboard anyway..........

Last edited:

LMSigns24

Yes, the measurement of this is just over an 1/8 of an inch. Can i even print this small cause i can't seem to change the measurement in my versaworks program.

Ken

Small text with VCamm...

The VCamms can print incredibly small text. If you have ever done a calibration test you will see what I mean. I dont use Versaworks..the Colorip 2.2 on my SP300( not V).
When you get to the RIP is there a function to "SIZE" the output? ( %)
I'm wondering how you are exporting this and from which program?
This is the type of info that should be included in a post about a specific machine/application when you start a thread. What media are you printing to?
I just did a quickie here..didnt wait for the heater..printed to Oracal 3651.
Photo taken at 640 x 480. Saved as a tiff file in Corel. Then down-sized to make it postable here. So what you see here is not as sharp as it really is.
The dimensions as defined by the ruler..the text is actually smaller than .15" . I didnt play with the settings at all, this is just on 720 x 720 res. Going to 1400 res would help, I'm sure. As well as taking the photo in a higher res.
Anyway, I'm seeing this as doable.
Cheers!
Ken

Attachments

• P1010222.JPG
    P1010222.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 73

woolly

guessing versa works has a min size for the eps file, not what it contains.
put a .4inch border around it, and i would expect it to print anything inside it.
in that case nest 2 graphics together to save vinyl.

woolly