• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versacamm sp300

crewchief97

I have a Versacamm sp 300 and was just wondering how long it can sit without printing anything. If it's slow I run a test print every other day is this ok or can I go longer? Thanks for all replies

Sign Works

If it's gonna sit idle for any extended period of time insure that the cap tops are in good condition or else you may experience head dry-up. My SP-300V has sat idle for several weeks on several occasions without causing any problems.

Last edited:
S

scarface

I have my SP300i which is just a newer model to do a automatic cleaning twice a day. That way if it is sitting it's still getting used in some way.

crewchief97

Thanks Sign Works for the quick reply. I've had my Versacamm almost a week and learning so much. Thanks again!!

Mosh

As long as it is plugged in it should pull ink every 8 hours or so. You should hear the pump going.

crewchief97

So if it goes into sleep mode it will cycle ink on its own every eight hrs. Then I don't need to do any test prints or anything?

Thanks guys you are great help to a newbie!!

S

scarface

So if it goes into sleep mode it will cycle ink on its own every eight hrs. Then I don't need to do any test prints or anything?

Thanks guys you are great help to a newbie!!

That should be right, that's what I've been doing but seems that i'm getting busier so the printer doesn't sit as long anymore.