• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks 6.19.2 "Dongle is not attached properly" error on startup

ITK2023

Hi everyone, when I opened up Versaworks this weekend to cut some prints I did during the week I am now getting this error and Versaworks won't open.

I have never used a dongle, and have been running the same setup for years with no problems which leaves me slightly puzzled.

I have tried running the separate Versaworks update software but it always flags an error when trying to install the update.

Has anyone else recently had the same issue?

Roland Error.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Maybe some windows update or something else? Just reinstall... 10minutes and you are back up and printing. Probably faster than posting a thread here.

ITK2023

Maybe some windows update or something else? Just reinstall... 10minutes and you are back up and printing. Probably faster than posting a thread here.

True, but will I lose all the jobs and rips that are currently in Versaworks? Because that would be pain in the behind.

MrDav3C

Your print queues will be saved in the versaworks directory on your HDD you can always back them up and attempt to re-add them back to the directory after a reinstall. Not sure how successful this will be on newer versions of VW though, I think it may struggle linking the rip files to the print file, but perhaps there is a workaround?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Read this thread. Just back them on a folder on your desktop.

Joe House

No need to uninstall. Like the message says, initialize the application. It's in the start menu>Versaworks. This will return the software to a "New Install" condition. You'll need to reenter any devices and it will clear the job folders, but there's not a great way around it. Likely it's one of the jobs in the queue that's causing the problem. You can back them up, but I'd only restore the ones that you need.
It's a better practice to keep the job queues cleaned out. Storing jobs there long term will lead to problems.

Good Luck

netsol

I am no expert on versaworks, but, it sounds to me like it "ate" a license file or something, or that stupid sentinel driver, if they use it