• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Banner Feed Calibration Settings

player

I noticed the generic banner profiles use 0 feed calibration, while the SPVCB PVC Banner profile uses 1.35 feed calibration.

I have found the best profile for banner is when I use the Oracal 3651 vinyl profile, but I did a 16' banner and it was 1 inch short in length.

The heaters are also 35 and 40, while the 3651 is 40 and 40.

I am copying the 3651 and changing it to be my banner profile, and I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on that 1.35 feed calibration setting, as in what does it do?

I am printing with a VP540i.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Run the feed calibration on the printer and set Versaworks to let the printer handle the feed compensation rather than the profile. I never understood why they put the feed calibration in Versaworks profiles. Everyone's is going to be a little different so having it set in a profile is kind of useless. There should be a setting to allow the printer rather than the profile handle the calibration in Versaworks.

Your printer should be able to print a 16' banner with a distance accuracy of +/- .576". So at 1 inch you are out of spec which means that either the feed calibration is way off or something else is wrong.

Ragnabrok

All the versaworks generic profiles have feed calibration set to 0, since generic isn't an actual media. Vander is right to print the feed calibration test on the printer (menu->calibration->test print) and input the setting that looks most like a continuous line, no gap or overlap. From there in the job settings, under printer controls you can set it to "use printer settings". It takes less than a minute and uses a little over a linear inch of media.

player

All the versaworks generic profiles have feed calibration set to 0, since generic isn't an actual media. Vander is right to print the feed calibration test on the printer (menu->calibration->test print) and input the setting that looks most like a continuous line, no gap or overlap. From there in the job settings, under printer controls you can set it to "use printer settings". It takes less than a minute and uses a little over a linear inch of media.

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I did. Worked perfectly. ( I have not measured it though).