• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks losing connection during print

jason91

So I just moved into a new office and my roland sp-300v isn't close to my computer... I have been running the printer cable across the middle of the office (15ft) to the printer to run my prints....Of course the cord is in the way... So I set up my office where I could wire through the ceiling and down the wall to the printer...This would need approx. 50ft of cord.....I Searched everywhere for a usb to printer cord long enough but no luck...So a guy set me up at the electronic store with a usb line extender, suppose to work up to 60m.....So I plug the usb extender to the pc ....then Ethernet to the extender...Ethernet line 50ft through the ceiling out to a female extender...then plug the usb end to a printer cable into my printer.....Problem is sometimes it loses connection during the print...sometimes it doesn't....Wonder what could be wrong?