• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks overprint

KForceOH

Hello all new here to the site. I was wondering if its possible to do an overcut with versaworks. Not sure if thats the right terms but it seems that when cutting (SP540) it leaves a touch of material at the end point of the cut line. I want it to cut a bit past the end point.

CarolinaCabinet

hmmm, i do not believe so, not to my knowledge... i'll look further into it.... i've never thought twice about it so maybe I just havent noticed. Good Question

KForceOH

Thanks for the reply, I have looked all over versaworks but see nothing except an overprint nothing about overcut. When cutting small text its a PAIN to weed because of the leftover material ala hanging chad style lol. If it would just cut 2mm past the endpoint that would solve a lot of frustration. Didn't know if maybe I could do something different in Illy or not.

And thanks for the warm welcome :)

Kyle

zmatalucci

if its not cutting all of the way, it's probably the offset or encoder strip. I know you can cut it more than once though.

nate

Just change the offset in the Cut section. We normally leave it at .250mm, but move it to .30mm or even .350mm when doing really small text.

Thanks for the reply, I have looked all over versaworks but see nothing except an overprint nothing about overcut. When cutting small text its a PAIN to weed because of the leftover material ala hanging chad style lol. If it would just cut 2mm past the endpoint that would solve a lot of frustration. Didn't know if maybe I could do something different in Illy or not.

And thanks for the warm welcome :)

Kyle

KForceOH

Ok so offset controls start and end points. I had always been setting my offset to 0.000 because I thought it was offset left and right. I'll give that a shot.

Kyle