• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks PMS Problem

signcrafters

Upgraded from VW 1.9 to 3.13. Export eps from Flexi (as I did before upgrade), now the PMS colors are completely off. Green prints as gray- not just a little shift toward gray, COMPLETELY gray.
Any suggestions?
Printed PMS swatches and they are all off. I must be missing a setting.
PDF's, jpgs and tiffs print fine from VW. EPS and others print fine directly out of Flexi. Just can't export and print eps files through VW.

Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks,
Greg

signcrafters

Tried the manufacturer's profile, tried other profiles, tried other media with other profiles, nothing helped.

Now get this...
Printed the PMS chart from Roland directly from VW and it printed fine. Imported to Flexi, exported and colors were wrong- Didn't change anything just exported.

Sounds like a Flexi setting is off, but which one?

Thanks.

veloxgraphics

I used an Oracal profile specific for the media, ink, and RIP i was using (Flexi) and colors came out HORRIBLE...

Switched to versaworks with a silly "generic" profile and it was vibrant and awesome.

Export from FlexiSucks as pdf and have Versaworks do the rest

cartoad

Just starting to print from Versa Works, and a question, are you having better results when exporting as EPS or PDF, or does it matter?

kev3232

make sure when you select a PMS color the you check that the color mode is rgb or cmyk and not lab or spot.

kev

LittleSnakey

We noticed the same problem and showed our salesman. We usually use the Pantone Swatch tables in Flexi and they usually come pretty to our color bridge. Since the Versa upgrade with the new stuff the colors are all off. They still print perfect in Flexi but Flexi gives us problems ripping large files, It rips them but the printer never starts printing.

Just starting to print from Versa Works, and a question, are you having better results when exporting as EPS or PDF, or does it matter?

You can obtain quality output using either data format. The keys are to set your color space settings in a consistent manner in your design application(s) and your RIP software (in this case, Versaworks).

Bob