• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Version of versaworks compatible with XC 540 ?

agencealoha

Hello
well my question is simple, i'm running versaworks 5.4 with an XC540,
i'd like to upgrade to versaworks dual or version 6, do you know if it's possible ?
on the Roland website it seem to be not possible...another way perhaps ? by forcing it ?
thank you

P&A Loizou

You can try by adding the printer via ethernet like the gr-540 (cutter) for example or you can try Roland DG Connect Hub, to see if it finds your printer automatically.

agencealoha

thanks for your (quick) reply
but the gr 540 is just a cutting system and i need to print too...
i will try dg connect so

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
As far as I know, it's only VW 5.X that will work.
Was there something specific with VW Dual or 6 that is not available on VW5?
If you are not happy with VersaWorks, try looking at other options like, Flexi, etc.
I've never used anything other than VersaWorks with the XC540, it did what I needed it to do...

cornholio

Main differences are. 5.X is a PostScript Rip running in 32bit. Dual and VW6 are PDF Rips and the actual 6.x is a 64bit Rip with many additional features. Dual was only availabe for a short time and all the supported devices are also supported in VW6.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Main differences are. 5.X is a PostScript Rip running in 32bit. Dual and VW6 are PDF Rips and the actual 6.x is a 64bit Rip with many additional features. Dual was only availabe for a short time and all the supported devices are also supported in VW6.
Got it.
I've only had the VP-540v, XC-540, and VS-640, so I've never had the opportunity to experience anything above VW5.
Would any of the newer features available even benefit an older machine?