• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versworks print and cut

Posterboy

I very recently purchased a second hand Roland SV-540 print and cut.

I have a job to print qty:40 800mm diametre circles on self adhesive vinyl.

Versaworks wants to print all of the circles first, then cut them all together. That just won't work. Despite the fact that the takeup roller won't let the printer rewind the stock, I don't trust the vinyl not to wander when it starts rewinding the 20 odd metres to the cut the circles.

So my question is, can I set Versaworks to print,cut,print,cut,print,cut etc. Rather than doing all of the printting, then all of the cutting.

Right now I'm running the job 2 circles at a time, then cutting the end off the roll, it works, but I'd much rather set it and let it run.

do what we do......print several lines at a time, then let it cut, do a sheet cut and start again, its a bit long winded granted but thats what we do.
we did a 1000 4" x 4" decals yesterday, we printed and cut about 7-8 lines at a time, and as the printer was printed again we weeded the circles.
going to be doing another 1000 decals tonight/tomorrow 3.5" ones this time and again will do the same thing.

DRamm76

If you dont trust your printer to do print and cut, you may also want to consider investing in a separate vinyl cutter. That way you can just print with registration marks all night long and cut them on a separate machine at your leisure.

In addtion, on some models you can use the perf cutting and you wont even have to weed them. Just pop em right out.

Posterboy

Thanks for the responses. I set up a basket under the printer and ran most of the job last night using the 'cut sheet after printing'. Adjusting the sheet size was the trick I was after. Thanks for the help. :)

Mosh

Yes it is going to print everything first then cut. Here is a tip, don't print and cut anything over 8-10 feet long at a shot, or the cutting gets off. We try and stay under 5' for a nice close cut. Just the nature of a friction feed cutting device. they are awesome for what they do, but not for what they can't.
for log stuff be sure you have alot of play in your cut line, like a wide outline, you will see what I mean...

Jack Knight1979

+1

Yes it is going to print everything first then cut. Here is a tip, don't print and cut anything over 8-10 feet long at a shot, or the cutting gets off. We try and stay under 5' for a nice close cut. Just the nature of a friction feed cutting device. they are awesome for what they do, but not for what they can't.
for log stuff be sure you have alot of play in your cut line, like a wide outline, you will see what I mean...