• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very quick glimpse of Royalty!

Tim Aucoin

Well, the Duke & Dutchess (William & Catharine) kicked off the Calgary Stampede Parade this morning. Wendy & I managed a very quick glimpse of them as their procession whizzed by our spot! Hard to get a good pic!

Attachments

• William 1.jpg
    William 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 53
  • William 2.jpg
    William 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 60
  • William 3.jpg
    William 3.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 52

Jillbeans

Cool.
I think Wills is cute.
My son Bill is similar in age.
Let's hope his wedding next year is more low-budget.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I never realized you had so many cowboys/gals in Canada.............. :Oops:​

Tim Aucoin

:Sleeping:

jp

Tell me about it! They estimated there were 400,000 people along the parade route. The royals ran the parade route backwards and then they were to kick off the Stampede Parade. Their motorcade went by quite fast and they (as you can see) were in a sedan with windows barely rolled down. There were many disappointed people because if you blinked... you missed it! The usual parade attendance is around 300,000+, so there were a lot of people there simply hoping to get a glimpse of royalty!

My shop happens to be a block away from the parade route, so I thought I may as well say I "saw" them! I saw Catherine's hand, but not her face. I'll wait to see it all on the news tonight!

Tim Aucoin

I never realized you had so many cowboys/gals in Canada.............. :Oops:​

All the "fake cowboys/cowgirls" come out for the 10 days of Stampede. If you're into (wearing or looking at) tight jeans... this is the place to be for the next 10 days! :Big Laugh

Tim Aucoin

Here's a zoomed out pic. I get a kick out of the people with the iPhone & Blackberry cameras! I had my D7000 and it was tough enough to get a decent shot with the motorcade moving so fast!

Attachments

• royalty.jpg
    royalty.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 55

Sticky Signs

Damn, Is the stampede this weekend? Bummer, I really got get out to that one of these days. Had a blast last time I was there.

bernie

what a boring life ... they get to do a 'drive thru' on these type of kick butt fun events and they can't even participate!

Bernie

Tim Aucoin

Damn, Is the stampede this weekend? Bummer, I really got get out to that one of these days. Had a blast last time I was there.

Stampede goes till next Sunday July 17th (Jillbeans Birthday!!!! :clapping:) You have plenty of time to drive out!!! :rolleyes:

what a boring life ... they get to do a 'drive thru' on these type of kick butt fun events and they can't even participate!

Bernie

Yeah, their schedule here in Canada has been pretty much non-stop. An hour here, an hour there, then on a helicopter or jet to the next location. Obviously TONS of security always with them (if you can call the Canadian Armed Forces security :omg: :covereyes:) It'd be interesting to compare the security they get here vs. next week when they're in Hollywood, CA!! :rolleyes: