• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vintage flex face oval pole sign (retainer clip question)

horangin

Attached ar few pictures of the sign.

https://picasaweb.google.com/horangin/PoleSign?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJLX95H3-uOn_gE&feat=directlink

It is made back in 1980s and had old flex banner type which was already taken down.
The pole is about 60 ft height and we need to rent the lift just to inspect it which has not been done and expecting not to be done until the installation.

Anybody has seen the retainer seen in the picture? There appears to be some type of retainer mechanism on the white "T" shape and the flex face is folded and either snapped or clamped and screwed on.

Does not appear to or can not see if minor tension could be made with either threaded bolts or press it.

I am pretty sure it is not attached to the frame cover.

Any recommendations as to which retrofit retainer to purchase in case the pre-existing retainers are not reusable?

horangin

I think you are right on the money. The photo is the closest I could get at this time.
I wonder which one was manufactured back in the 80s.
Thank you.

IN

FS-Keith

looks like you have some serious wiring and socket/raceway installation to do. I would price out a new cabinet for them. Would probably come close to evening out in cost. Survey the pole size. cut off old sign and drop a stub in and weld

willypete

it looks pretty normal for a flex face to me those clips should be fine and offer the same ability to tighten up as before . it looks like the flex is folded over a aluminium bar and the clip is slid over it the clip most likely has a bolt going up to a a small stainless steel L that the bolt runs thru and will hook to the edge of the cabinet .. thats fast easy money refacing those things ... and i would bet you can get those F-can ballast and 250w bulbs for a good price if you look around ... good luck