• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl catcher

Deaton Design

I finally built a vinyl catcher to go on my SummaD60 after thinking about it for awhile...I think it was maybe ProWraps that showed one like this sometime back when a post came up about catchers, etc. I know it works great, and my thanks go out to ProWraps for sharing it with us. I hope Im right about who posted it.:thankyou::signs101:

Attachments

• summastand.jpg
    summastand.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 72

steve.leleaux

The oldest of my plotters doesn't have a catcher and I've had a cardboard box sitting under it for several years. I never thought of making one. Thanks for sharing that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now why in the world did I think you were talking about one of these guys............ ??
vinyl catcher.jpg

Deaton Design

This thing wasnt my idea. It was posted on here before, but I think its in the premium section. ProWraps did it I think. Told exactly how to build it and everything with pictures.
Its a good design and works perfectly. The material is canvas type I bought at the local walmart. Had my wife sew it up for me.

Rooster

I guess the old summa pros had a wire basket underneath to catch the vinyl. I wish my newer version had the same type. A fabric catch seems to let wider medias kink as they can sit lower in the center. At least it does on mine. Slowing it down helps some. Mostly because I can grab it and get it straight before it does too much damage. It's the same problem it just happens in slow motion now.