• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl cutter help

oscar78041

Hello all, I recently purchased a vinyl cutter it's a Vinyl Express R-31 series and I've having troublr adjusting the cutting pressure the machine came with a roll of avery vinyl but it seems it either cuts too deep or the cuts aren't made right when I decrease the pressure any specific cutting preassue you all use to make decals? Help is greatly appreciated and thank you all for your help in advanced.

WildWestDesigns

Cutting pressures are going to very from product to product. Is there a test function on that particular cutter? If so, I would run the test function, changing the cutting pressure each time until you get the desired result.

Atleast that's how I do it on my GX-24.

When you find the settings you are looking for, make sure you write them down somewhere. Especially if you tend to swap out different company products like I tend to do.

AUTO-FX

Also, check for the amount of blade exposure on the blade holder. Sounds like you might have the blade sticking out too far. The blade should be barely above the cap. check your documentation for actual depth setting.

dj_elite

Is the blade old? Maybe a good idea to start with a fresh blade on a used cutter anyways just to be safe

oscar78041

no, the blade is brand new haven't used the plotter much. but thanks for all the help to everyone I make a good decal I'll post a pic of it soon.:U Rock: