• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Vinyl Decal Application Supplies

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I am creating a list of materials to create a vinyl application kit for my company. The kit would include cleaning and materials needed to install vinyl decals on flat walls, floors and glass.

Cleaning Solution: Water and Iso, Water and detergent, or water and baby shampoo. What do you guys like to use and what ratio?

Cleaning Rags: What type of cleaning rags do you like to use?

Tape: What type of tape do you like to use to hold the vinyl up on a wall to align it?

Vinyl Backing Cutters: What vinyl cutters to cut the backing do you like? Single and a double?

Already have squeegees with felt tips

Any other supplies you would recommend?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Water soluble pencils
  • Paper towels
  • Xacto knives
  • Scissors
  • Good pointy tweezers
  • Razors
  • Scrapers
  • Plastic chippers
  • Just water and just 91% alcohol
  • No baby shampoo (lotion ??)
  • Blue painter's tape
  • Gold squeegees for non air egress vinyls
  • Yard sticks and tape measures
  • Straight edge.... both long and short
  • Level
  • Pounce and pounce pad
  • Plumb line
  • Application tape varying sizes
At the moment, that's all I can think of, but that's generally what's in each of our boxes.

bannertime

We typically build the kit for the job, but an all purpose kit would need:

• water, iso, soapy water (dawn), a bottle of baby shampoo, Rapid Remover, Rapid Tac II, and even Windex.
  • Cheap paper towels, microfiber towels, maybe a larger towel.
  • Blue painters tape (we use Bron 190), 3M Platinum Painters Tape, 1in Masking Tape, duct tape, banner hem tape (ORABOND® 1397PP or we use Bron 89538)
  • 12" C-Thru ruler, 30" metal ruler, 25' tape measure, 5' tape ribbon, 6in square, 24in square
  • 6" squeegee, 3" squeegee, 12" window washer squeegee, 6" roller, larger two handed roller
  • Olfa SVR-2, Utility Knife, scissors, Olfa liner cutter
  • Heat Gun, propane torch, temp gun sensor.
  • Knifeless tape, edge sealer, paper clips, screw drivers, socket set
  • Small step ladder, step stool, 6' ladder, mini scaffolding.
  • large trash bags.
I'm sure I missed something simple, like pens and markers and what not. The other important step is to prep as much of the vinyl in the shop. We'll precut the liners, mark centers, trim excess corners, etc on the table. d