• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl/lam for small car decals

luluvinyl

I've been using 3164 & 3651 with 210 for my small diecut decals (about 6"), but I've learned that permanent calendered vinyl shrinks a lot and doesn't last long in the sun. I had a customer tell me that their decal (printed on 3164 with 210) got burnt in one year.
I'm considering to switch 210 to Arlon 3170 cast overlaminate and stick with 3651 for now.

Does anyone have a recommendation for vinyl/lam that last longer & around the same price as 3651/3170?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
3651, 3641, whatever you have, it really doesn't matter all that much. But don't, as in do not, laminate them with vinyl laminate. Just give them a coat of liquid laminate like ClearShield Original or whatever strikes your fancy. The liquid laminate doesn't sunburn as vinyl laminate does. If the calendared vinyl shrinks a mite, not to worry. There's only one layer of vinyl so no one will notice. I speak from some experience. Up until a couple of years ago I supplied one of my largest clients with a seemingly never ending supply of all manner of decals in all sizes and shapes. As well as fulfilling other client's decal needs.

amw

Longtime Members
I've been using 3164 & 3651 with 210 for my small diecut decals (about 6"), but I've learned that permanent calendered vinyl shrinks a lot and doesn't last long in the sun. I had a customer tell me that their decal (printed on 3164 with 210) got burnt in one year.
I'm considering to switch 210 to Arlon 3170 cast overlaminate and stick with 3651 for now.

Does anyone have a recommendation for vinyl/lam that last longer & around the same price as 3651/3170?

For stickers we use:

HP Prime Gloss CP with HP Gloss Polymeric Overlaminate

We get a lot of compliments on the quality of our stickers.