• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl layering

spudcity

I've been doing vinyl part-time for a few months and have never had to layer two different types of vinyl as I have a SP-300V and been printing everything. How do you get the two layers aligned using crop marks? Do you put crop marks on your original design (I'm using CS2-Illy), or through Versaworks. I know how to use the crop mark feature for laminating, but not for layering.

Thanks

Last edited:

spudcity

thanks, that much I can do. I guess my question is more along the line of how do you get the registration marks on it?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i just use text...preferably the letters RGBX in arial or futura or swiss....something simple.....put one letter just outside the design on all four corners....then separate your colors, and cut the crops with both designs....simple..

VINYLIMAGEZ

flexisign has a registration tool, if you don't have flexi.. just use 2 letter X on top with your software and that will work for registration marks